Sunday, November 20, 2005

Full Tilt $4000 Guarantee

This was originally intended to be a running record of a good run I had in the Full Tilt Tournament. I'm afraid it's turned into jibberish. I will do my best to edit.

I am chip leader with 120 remaining with 9900 chips. Average stack is 2737.

Big hand to get me there was AK off in early position. Under the gun raised, I reraised him to put him all in. Another player went all in behind me and I would have to call 500 more. First guy calls and I have to call with great odds. UTG turns over 99 and guy who raised me turns over AQ suited. I spike the King on the river.

I am hitting cards like crazy and getting paid off. It seems a little sad that I need to get so many great hands in order to make it this far in a tournament. It's seems to refute the concept of the cards do not matter.

I just busted another guy with trip 4's against his AA. Up to 15k. Next closest is 9800

I have donked off 4k in chips on a blind steal gone bad and a reraise preflop with 77. With the 77's he came over the top again. I just called. The flop was A-?-? with the ? being below my 7's. He checked and only had 1700 left. I felt like if he was weak or medium he would have bet into me. If he checks he probably has the Ace and wants me to bet first. I checked through. The turn was another low card and bet out. I folded like a pussy.

JJ in middle position. 2x the blind raise in front of me. I raise to 2000. The small blind goes all in with 2700. BB folds and initial raiser folds. I call the last 700. He turns over AQ offsuit. He hits Q on river. I am down to 8130. Blinds are now 100-200. 13th place out of 59. Next closest at table is 6070.

Blinds up to 120-240 with 20 ante. I raise Jc10c and steal blinds.

I have slipped into 3rd place at table due to other's winning pots, not me losing.

A7 diamonds, I steal blinds. Steals are worth 560.

I think this is the point where I steal blinds but don't bluff at pots because it costs too much if I am wrong.

Blinds up to 150-300 with 25 ante. I am at 7725 after posting bb in last hand.

In the small blind I am dealt KK. The button raises to 800. I reraise to 2000, he folds.

A6 off in cutoff. I steal blinds. The chip leader with 25,310 has moved to my table two to my left.
AKo in middle position. One limper and I raise. Button reraises all in for 8000. I call he turns over AQ. Ace on flop and my hand holds up. Back up to 18,000. Aren't these the kind of hands when you are running good he turns up AQ and when you are running bad he turns up AA or KK?

Two hands later, AJ in middle. I raise and steal blinds.

68 off in small blind. Button limps in, I complete. Flop has Ace and two low cards. I lead out and bluff the flop. I get called by button. Turn pairs my 8 but I'm done with the hand. I check and button bets. I fold.

Screen name Kirbyred triples up with a set of 5's against top pair, top kicker and the chip leader who had a flush draw. He is new chip leader at table with 20,570. I am just behind with 17,994.

New blinds 200-400 with 50 ante. 1050 in every pot.

A5 off early position. I rasie to 1200 to steal. BB was a small stack and i didn't mind a race if he called. He didn't.

KQ off in small blind. Button just limps. I raise to 2000 and they all fold.

We're at a break. I have 19,344 and I am in 4th place. 2nd and 3rd are at my table. There are 31 left. Next level 250-500 with 50 ante.

2 chip leaders clash and screen name JCmoney wins with a set and busts the other guy. JCmoney now has 38,589 and a big chip lead.

K3 off in cutoff, I steal blinds.

We're in the money now. New level 300-600 and 75 ante.

K7 in cutoff and I steal again. This blind stealing is going almost too well.

I am down to 8600 after calling with KJ offsuit and 4 players in pot. Flop comes out all spades with a Jack. Player to my right leads out small and I put in strong raise. He calls and the next card is another spade. I try to bet about half his stack to see where he is and he raises me all in. Now I think I am forced to call. Of course he has the spades. What the fuck was I thinking here? There is no need for the fancy play. There was probably an 80% chance he called the raise with a spade. Why make the stupid bet on 4th street? Just check it through.

I am probably in all in or double up mode now.

2 tables left. 7134 in chips. Blinds are now 500-100 and 125 ante. Definitely all in or fold.

Folded to me with 37 offsuit in small blind. I can't pull the trigger and I fold.

I get moved to a new table and take BB. I get dealt AJ. Folded to small blind who completes and I raise all in. He turns over A6 and my hand holds up.

Two hands later I get K-10 and go all in. No callers. Very next hand AK and I raise 3x blind and steal blinds again. Now up to 20,143.

AJ suited on bb. Button tries to steal, I reraise all in and take it down. 25,843 now.

More blind stealing and I am up to 30,943 and 6th place. 13 left. Blinds 600-1200 with 150 ante.

Q9 off in small blind. Utg limps. I raise 4k and all fold.

Very next hand I get AK offsuit in button. Folded to cutoff who raises the min. I reraise. He calls. Flop is 8h Js Jh. He checks and I check. Turn is Kh. He bets 14500 which is the size of the pot. I reraise all in. He calls with QJ. Last card is 8 for his full house and I am out in 13th place.

The last hand was a bit unlucky because I would have been much better off without the King or Ace hitting. Of course if the turn was a blank and he checks again, I probably would have bet thinking I still have the best hand.

All that work and I think I only won like $100.

No comments: