Monday, June 01, 2009

Satellite Madness

I have been playing quite a bit of satellites lately. I am killing the small ones and I am 0 for 1 on the big ones.



I wish that Full Tilt had some kind of exchange program for T$ because I could play the $75 satellites into their $215 weekend tournaments all the time. They get done in a little over 2 hours and I win my ticket half the time I play.



I am 2 for 3 in the $80 for the $650 Main Event Satellites on Poker Stars. I played my first big tournament last weekend.



I started out well, running my initial stack of $3000 into $4500 pretty easily. Then I got lost in a hand with Ace-King and had to lay it down after my opponent check raised my bluff on the flopafter half of my stack went in before the flop, when I whiffed. After that I went broke a few hands later, when I tried to squeeze a raiser and a caller with Ace-Queen. The caller re-raised all in. I figured he must have a low to medium pocket pair so I called hoping to win the race. Instead he flipped up Ace-King and I did not luckbox into a 3 outer.



My next attempt at qualifying for the Main Event is Sunday at 3:00 PM.



If I had a choice, I would much rather qualify on Poker Stars. Besides the seat in the Main Event, they give you a hotel room at the Palms, a free party at the night club, Supernova VIP status on their site for a year, and I think $3,000 in spending money. All Full Tilt gives you is the seat plus $2,000. You would think they would try to keep up with Poker Stars but they don't seem very concerned about it.

No comments: