Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Glossary for my non poker playing readers

I have heard from a few friends that they are having a tough time following my updates since they are so loaded with jargon. Since I am not a texting wiz like most teenagers, it would take me a long time to spell everything out using my blackberry. Therefore I will give my newbie readers a quick list of terms that they can expect to see tomorrow.

BB = Big Blind
SB = Small Blind
UTG = under the gun. The first player to have action after the blinds.
Button = The last player to act on the flop, turn, or river. Otherwise known as the dealer
Td-Jc-Ks = Ten of diamonds - Jack of Clubs - King of Spades
C-Bet = When I raise before the flop and then follow it up with a "Continuation Bet" on the flop
Blind Steal = When I raise before the flop, hoping everyone folds so I can win the blinds and antes.

I hope this helps. Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement, they are appreciated.

No comments: